It is our belief that education is the key to stop the demand and prevent human trafficking.
When we are not actively rescuing or interacting with survivors, the Rahab’s Daughters team is in the community providing education about human trafficking. Our founders, Sharmila (Sam) Wijeyakumar and Dr. Rev. Denardo Ramos, offer several trainings and keynote talks that can shed light on the complex world of human trafficking.
All our lectures can be presented to community groups and businesses, including:
- Healthcare Professionals
- Churches and religious organizations
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Community Groups (Mommy & Me; Mom’s Groups; Moms of teens groups; Parenting Groups; Men’s Groups; Dad’s Groups)
- Sporting Groups
- Law Enforcement
- Corporations and their Execs & Sales Teams
- Financial institutions
- Housing Association
- Community Organizations – Rotary, Lions, Networking groups, etc.
- Businesses (Hotels; Motels; Airlines; Supply chains; Restaurants; Convenience stores; Gas Stations; Truck stops; Hair/Nail Salons; Financial institutions
Keynote Talks Presented by Dr. Rev. Denardo Ramos
Description: What does it mean to care for someone who has been traumatized? What are the pillars of Trauma-informed care?
Recognizing Human Trafficking
Description: What are the signs of human trafficking? How can you recognize it and what are the most effective ways to report it?
Being Married to a Survivor
Description: How to support and empower your partner.
How the Community Can Be the Solution to Human Trafficking
Description: How to build community action groups to combat human trafficking.